Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Trackback is Half-Back

I just found out that there is a way of doing outbound trackback without having to change one's template. It is the Wizbang Standalone Trackback Pinger. I'll try it out by pinging a relevant post at the Wizbang blog, and also the post at Blog Business World that sent me off to see the Wizbang.

For those who are wondering what trackback is, I'll use this post as an example. What I'm about to do is tell each of the posts linked to above that I've blogged about them. Each of the posts will then add the current post (Trackback is Half-Back) to its trackback list. That means that future visitors to the post at Wizbang (and at BBW) will see a link back to the current post.

Blogger does not have trackback. Along with the lack of categories, this is one of the major ways in which Blogger lags competitors such as TypePad.

Tags: , , .

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Aylward said...

Well I got the trackback.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Wayne Hurlbert said...

The trackback worked and I received it, at my post about trackback addons for Blogger, on Blog Business World.

You are right. Blogger needs to add categories, trackback, autodiscovery of tags, etc. to keep pace with the other blog hosting companies.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks guys, for confirming that the trackback worked.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to main page of this blog