Sunday, March 20, 2005

After BlogSpot?

In my previous post, I blogged about how I'm probably going to leave Blogger for WordPress. That raises the question of where to host this WordPress blog, along with anything else I might want to put on my personal web space in 2006 and beyond. I guess I have spoiled whatever suspense I might otherwise have built by including that DreamHost button in this post (although I guess the button might not show up if you're reading this via a feed, rather than at the blog itself).

Researching web hosts was a strange business. There seem to be a lot of sites running reviews and ratings of hosts. So I'd read at ThatReview.com that they thought that ThisHost.com was great. I'd then search the web for ThisHost.com, usually to find lots of horror stories about ThisHost. I couldn't find horror stories on DreamHost. (Perhaps some will appear in comments on this post!)

I did find praise for DreamHost on the WordPress forums. See, for example, the topic that recently started with the news that DreamHost now offers automatic WordPress installation through the control panel.

Tags: , , .

2 Comments:

Blogger ted said...

I read your feed with Bloglines and the button did come through.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Stretch said...

I just switched to dreamhost, to use wordpress, was previously using blogger. Let me say, its so much better. You really will like it.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to main page of this blog