Sunday, March 27, 2005

FSF Meeting

Coffee at MIT
Coffee at MIT,
originally uploaded by AndWat.
I was hoping to be blogging steadily throughout the day, but I had to use up quite a bit of laptop battery time in registering for the wireless network. I'm not sure why I was able to get on without registration in the first place.

I heard several comments on the Gates building during the course of the day. The one that sticks in my mind was the assertion that it cost too much and has usability problems.

You can see the schedule for the day at the FSF site. The people listed there spoke in the order listed there, although not always at the exact times listed there. There was one extra speaker: Georg Greve, President of FSF Europe, spoke for a few minutes right after lunch.

I wish I had time to comment on every talk. I hope to see comments from others. I also hope that Peter Brown, Executive Director of the FSF, will post the "Sinclair anecdote" he used.

Since I don't have much time, I'll concentrate on a couple: those by law profs Eben Moglen and Larry Lessig. Each gets its own post.

Tags: , .