Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Yahoo and Microsoft

There's news about each of these two giants. Yahoo 360 will be "an easy way to keep connected to friends and family with blogs, photos, and more." I've put my name on the "beta waiting list" and will try out 360, or at least the blog component of it, when they let me in the door.

That reminds me, I had a little play around with MSN spaces yesterday. I created a blog. My first impression is not good. As you can see, the template seems to leave very little of the screen for the posts, preferring to fill much of it with garish color. The (few) other templates I tried were no better, and I couldn't find much in the way of template customization.

The news from Microsoft takes the form of a leak about Internet Explorer 7.0. Hey, it has tabbed browsing! I've been enjoying tabbed browsing for a while, thanks to Firefox. It also has a built-in feed aggregator. That sounds familiar too... and I don't want my feeds in a browser, I want them on the web, so that I can get at them even when I'm not on my computer.

Tags: , .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mike Torres said...

"My first impression is not good. As you can see, the template seems to leave very little of the screen for the posts, preferring to fill much of it with garish color."

You can change the layout - there are a bunch of options about how much space to take up for which module on the page. My space is pretty blog focused.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Mike,
Thanks for the visit, and the comment. Looking at your space, I see that, yes, your blog does take up much of the space in the... space. But a lot of precious screen real estate, to the top and to the right, is just a sea of useless blue (or orange, in the case of my space). Is it possible to have the blog itself start nearer the top of the screen?

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to main page of this blog